The shops are already full of festive cheer and it’s fair to say that as builders in Loughborough, one of our favourite times of year is just around the corner.
If you’re the one playing host this Christmas, it’s always good to be prepared – that way you’ll have every chance of making the most of this precious family time and spend less running around like a headless chicken!
A great way to do it is by getting your kitchen ready in advance.
The kitchen has always been known as the heart of the home and, when it comes to Christmas, it’s often even more of a popular and busy room to be in.
When you imagine the warmth of a place to escape from the cold outside and the delicious smells of Christmas dinner, it’s easy to see why the kitchen is so loved at this time of year.
As well as pulling all the stops out cooking wise, it’s a great place for family and friends to gather and share a mince pie or two, stick on some Christmas tunes and do your wrapping, or get creative with the festive treats.
If you’re thinking about how to get your Loughborough kitchen ready for Christmas this year, here are some handy hints on things to do.
Think space – and lots of it
At what might be the busiest time for your kitchen, consider reorganising and putting away the appliances and ornaments that you don’t need. This way you’ll give yourself plenty of space for food prep and the more space you have to place things, the less hectic it will feel.
Some people even consider kitchen refurbishment or an extension to possibly create a sun room or conservatory. Not only does it give added space to put things, but if you don’t want to be apart from family while you get the food ready, it makes a good place for them to gather.
Other handy hints for getting ready for Christmas at your house might include the following:
- Consider having extra work tops or cupboards fitted for further storage.
- Set the table early – this way you can check you have all the knives, forks, spoons, plates and glasses that you need.
- In the same way – check you have all the pots and pans you’ll need to cook the Christmas dinner you want.
- Clean the oven and microwave – that way you’ll ensure no nasty burning smells when it’s time to be busy.
- Have you got an island in your kitchen? This makes a great place to set things down while you work.
- Put everything your guests might need within easy reach – this way they won’t be getting under your feet trying to find them.
- Perhaps even consider moving drinks or tea and coffee making facilities into the living area to reduce the footfall in your kitchen.
Refurbishing your kitchen?
If you’re thinking about extending, refurbishing or making changes to your kitchen get in touch with our experienced team at Marlow Builders. We will be happy to come out and visit you to discuss your ideas and give a no obligation quote.
And have a wonderful, peaceful and smooth running Christmas!